Mamalehe kitchen ~ My inspiring world

Selamat datang di dapur miniku, Mamalehe Kitchen. Nama "mamalehe" ada diciptakan oleh belahan jiwa kami, My Alyssa. Panggilan sayang untuk aku, ibunya. Disini tempatku menuangkan segala inspirasi dan cinta. Sebesar cinta & sayangku untuk dua cintaku : Suamiku dan Anakku. Enjoy your stay ! Feel free utk mencoba semua resep yg ada disini.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lets Play Soccer Cake

It's soccer time !

It's quite surprising still when Mbak Alia (the Sesame Street Cake) contacted me and asked if i could make the soccer cake for her friend & her colleague in USAID.
I didn't feel that confident to make the soccer cake complete with the soccer players from fondant. Until the last days....

So after here and there, finally i put myself in this challenge. This special cake was dedicated to Chimi Thondes, for her son, Rinzin.

The cake was Heavenly cheese vanilla cake. One of the most favourite cake in my kitchen since the last few weeks. It's so cheesy. Anyhow the most challenging part of this cake was how to make the soccer players standing properly. Can i do it ?! i dunno. I always believe that there's always an answer for a question. Especially if you never stop to try to find the answer.
Alhamdulillah. I got the answer after so many failed hehehe.

So here we go........

Lets play soccer' cake
Click to the image for bigger view



Upview



Sideview



The soccer players....



Few hours after cake delivery, i got a message from Chimi in my cellphone :
"Luluk, just saw cake. It is fantastic ! Thx so much!"
Pfiuhhh.....

Couples more hours......another message come from Chimi :
"Hi Luluk, everyone loved the cake, both the look and the taste. It was very delicious and fresh and not too sweet. Just perfect. Thx so much for all your work ! We will call you again in May for our daughter's bday. Much thx !".

Alhamdulillah. I feel so relieved. Finally i can go to sleep now hehehe.

My special thanks to Chimi and family. Thank you ! Honestly you're the 1st expatriate who ordered my cake. And i feel proud of it. Thanks a bunch ! And my deeply apologize for being sooo late to upload your cake into my blog. It tooks almost a month now. I'm sorry. I get burried in my office jobs huhuhu.

My very special thanks also delivered to Mbak Alia who recommended my cake to Chimi. Muah muah. Semoga gak bosen ya mbak. Maaf telattt bgt uploadnya. Hiks.

Mamalehe Kitchen
"It's not just a cake"
by Luluk

4 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Luluk, can't say enough about how yummy and good looking your cake was. We're scheduling our daughter's birthday party for May 13th tentatively, and she's already thinking about the theme. Looks like it may be dancing ballerinas? And you thought soccer boys was challenging! Cheers, Chimi

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Luluk said…

    Thank you for stopping by, Chimi. Dancing ballerina ?! That's very challenging. Hmmm.....

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bnr2 tiada duanya, cake'mu mbak !:))))

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Luluk said…

    To Mbak Alia :

    Terima kasih banyak ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home